Start Date: 8/30/2018 12:00 PM EDT
End Date: 8/30/2018 1:00 PM EDT
August 30, 2018 at 12 noon EST
Webinar: Category Management - What does it mean for your small business?
Join us as we learn about Category Management.
Webinar Presented By:
- What is Category Management
- Why is GSA focused on it?
- How does it differ from how things were managed/procured in the past?
- What are the initiatives' strategic goals?
- What does Category Management mean strategically/tactically for small businesses?
- Best in class contracts and onboarding opportunities
- Leveraging schedules
- Overview of agency customer contracting trends and additional resources for small businesses to access funding
Professional Services Category Management Division, Director
Ms. Geri Haworth was appointed the Professional Services Category Manager in June of 2013. In this role she manages a team of employees working in the Professional Services and Human Capital Portfolio of the Federal Acquisition Service.
Specifically, she is responsible for the oversight and management of the strategic initiatives related to category management. These initiatives focus on customer and industry engagement, the Acquisition Gateway category hallway, and improving the contract offerings that provide the services represented in the category. Ms. Haworth has more than 26 years of experience working in FAS helping federal agencies meet their mission requirements.
In previous roles, Ms. Haworth served as the Business Management Director for the FAS Management Services Center, the Deputy Director for the Regional Customer Accounts and Research Division, and the Regional Retail Services Manager overseeing the management of the Auburn and Alaska Customer Supply Centers. She began her federal career at the Social Security Administration and joined GSA in 1990 as a Management Intern.
Ms. Haworth earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from Eastern Washington University and is a graduate of The Management Program at the University of Washington.