Start Date: 9/12/2017 7:30 AM EDT
End Date: 9/12/2017 10:00 AM EDT
Venue Name: Tower Club Location:
8000 Towers Crescent Dr #1700
Vienna, VA United States 22182
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Executive Briefing: FY ’18 – Is it a Boom for GovCon Small Businesses?
8000 Towers Crescent Dr #1700
Vienna, VA 22182
7:30 - 10:00 am
Join SECAF, news giant Bloomberg, and GovCon consulting firm Wolf Den, to explore the upcoming issues, legislation, trends, and forecasts for government contractors! We’ll explore issues like:
- How will the President’s Budget affect my small business? What agencies are gaining?
- Contracting legislation pending and near-term impact on small businesses
- What are the top 5 opportunities that small business SHOULD take advantage of in the coming next 2 fiscal years
- Potential for a Continuing Resolution and Gov’t Shutdown
- … and other topics!
We’ll focus on issues affecting small government businesses
by asking questions like:
- What does this mean for my small business… how can I pivot to be positioned?
- Should I “follow the money” or is there a different direction that should be considered?
- Is incumbency on contracts growing and should I partner with mid and large businesses?
- Should I expect the competitive environment to change with changes in the political environment?
- Will my GSA contract and other contract vehicles be more or less important?
This event will equip you with the best information and ideas you need to make informative strategic decisions and position your company for growth in FY18/19!
- Robert Levinson, Senior Defense Analyst at Bloomberg Government Division
- Kevin Robbins, Co-Founder of Wolf Den Associates
is a Senior Defense Analyst with Bloomberg Government. He is a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Air Force with more than 20 years of service. He worked for Booz Allen Hamilton as a strategic communications consultant. Mr. Levinson has a bachelor's degree from the U.S. Air Force Academy and a master’s from the University of California, San Diego. He is a recent graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School program for Senior Executives in National and International Security.
is Co-Founder of Wolf Den Associates, a leading provider of strategy and management consulting services to federal market participants. In their 8 year history, Wolf Den has grown to over 60 employees serving over 200 customers and has completed nearly 1,000 engagements ranging from strategy and management consulting, to market research, technical solutions, buy-side M&A support, and capture and proposal leadership.
Kevin is also a Co-Founder of Blue Delta Capital Partners, a growth capital firm focused making non-control equity investments in the U.S. Federal Government Technology (GovTech) companies. Kevin was heavily involved in BDCP’s successful investment in KTSi (acq. by Scitor), 42Six (acq. by CSC), Acentia (acq. by MAXIMUS), and PAE (acq. by Platinum Equity). He is also on the Board of 3 of the 8 active Blue Delta investments and is currently investing out of the firm’s second fund.
Mr. Robbins previously worked in Corporate Development at SRA International, where he was a senior member of the team responsible for strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, corporate spinoffs, and key industry relationships. During his tenure at SRA, he played a lead role in four different strategic planning cycles, the acquisitions of Spectrum Solutions Group, Mercomms, RABA Technologies, Constella Group, Interface & Control Systems and Era Corporation, as well as the divestitures of Mantas, Inc. (acq. by Oracle), and The Futures Group. Mr. Robbins also served as SRA’s Small Business Liaison Officer, helping to identify critical small business teaming partners and approving subcontracting plans.
Before joining SRA, Mr. Robbins was a key member of the team at ABS Capital Partners that invested in successful growth companies such as Liquidity Services, Inc. (Nasdaq “LQDT”) and American Public Education, Inc. (Nasdaq “APEI”). Kevin was also a senior member of the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) and Energy Technology investment teams at General Electric’s GE Equity division. He began his career at Alex. Brown, working in the Consumer & Business Services group.
He has an AB in Economics from Dartmouth College and is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt. Kevin serves as the Vice Chair of the Associates Board of the Wolf Trap Foundation, is a Director of The Dartmouth Review, and has been recognized by M&A Advisor as one of the 40 Under 40. He lives in McLean, VA with his wife, two sons, and a gregarious black Labrador retriever.
Still Need 1 More Incentive to Join SECAF?
Join Today to Save 2 Ways - $100 Savings!
- Save $50 on Membership PLUS
- Save $50 on the registration for this event when you register at the member rate
- First - Join SECAF using Promo Code: JoinBy09.20.17
- Next - Register for the event at the member rate
- $35 Register by September 7
- $45 After September 7
- $85 Register by September 7
- $100 After September 7