SECAF has two forums to help SECAF members. You need to login to access the Forums. After you login, click on SECAF CHAT (blue button, top of page) or MEMBERS ONLY (red navigation button) and then FORUMS (in blue box on left).
- CAF Confidential
- SECAF Chat, a “list serve” for SECAF members.
SECAF’s Contractor Advice Forums are unique value-added services provided at no-extra-cost to SECAF members. If you have a question or an issue with which you are struggling - big or small - ask CAF! We offer two types of advice forums:
#1 SECAF Chat – an online “list serve” for SECAF members. Use SECAF Chat to connect with fellow SECAF members. You may ask a question or share an idea about anything related to your business or just take a look to see what SECAF members are talking about. Service Provider members are strictly prohibited from attempting to sell their services via SECAF Chat.
#2 CAF Confidential – Have a question or a problem that you do not want to share with the membership? Use CAF Confidential to ask a question or request advice.
If you are already a member of SECAF, you can take advantage of this resource now or anytime of the day or night!
To Get Started - Login! (if you need login credentials, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For SECAF Chat, click on the blue SECAF Chat button at the top of the homepage.
- For CAF Confidential, click on MEMBERS ONLY (in red) along the top of the homepage. On MEMBERS ONLY page, click on FORUMS in the blue box on the left.
For more details on how to use SECAF Chat, see below.
Let's get the conversation started now!
- Click on the SECAF Chat button at top or on left in blue box to see the Discussion Forum Homepage
- Edit Profile - Make changes to your profile and Forum preferences
- Registration Details - Make changes to your login password and/or email address
- Profile Information - Make changes to personal information you have given
- Forum Preferences - Make changes to your Forum preferences
- Subscriptions - Manage your Forum and Topic email subscriptions
- Buddy List - List of your Forum buddies
- Private Messenger - Read and send Private Messages between yourself and other Forum members
- Forum Help - Forum Help files and FAQ's to help you with any difficulties you may have when using the forum
After you have set up your profile,
- To see posts, click on any Forum topic
- To reply to a post, scroll down and click on POST REPLY
- To create a new post, click on New Post at the top with the yellow star
If you have questions, please let us know email@example.comIf you are not a member of SECAF, join now to take advantage of this resource!
Mariano Lopez, Managing Member, Analytica
“The Contractor Advice Forum (CAF) offers an outstanding way for SECAF members to get impactful, well-researched answers to their questions from seasoned business experts and leadership. As the owner of an Economically-Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), I was seeking information on legislation and programs pertaining to access to the federal market for companies in our socioeconomic category. After several days of online searching, asking opinions of business acquaintances, and calling government contacts, I reached out to CAF. On each occasion, Jack Hughes (CAF) contacted me with a confirmation that same day, and with a detailed answer the day after. I cannot recommend enough the leveraging of CAF members’ expertise when needing spot on and incisive answers to business questions!”
“We asked Contractor Advice Forum (CAF) what the impact of the new FedRAMP regulations would be on our vendors, and, subsequently, on us. We received a quick reply including the definition of FedRAMP. FedRAMP is fairly new. The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) is a government-wide program that provides a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization, and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services. FedRAMP is mandatory for Federal Agency cloud deployments and service models at the low and moderate risk impact levels. CAF also supplied information as to who might do an assessment, more government clarifications, and on-going ways to get information about FedRAMP. Now, we can assess how to handle FedRAMP. CAF is a uniquely valuable benefit of SECAF membership!”
Fran Craig, Unanet, CEO and Founder