Start Date: 11/7/2017 7:30 AM EST
End Date: 11/7/2017 10:00 AM EST
Venue Name: Tower Club
8000 Towers Crescent Dr #1700
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Executive Briefing: DHS – The Future of Procurement is Now!!!
*** THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT. ***
8000 Towers Crescent Dr #1700
Vienna, VA 22182
7:30 - 10:00 am
Come join SECAF for an informative discussion directly from Department of Homeland Security’s leaders on the Department’s overall goals, acquisition directions and strategic sourcing considerations. Learn how current mission priorities, speed to force, and congressional and presidential mandates, might be changing or not changing these considerations. Listen to thought leaders Soraya Correa and Jaclyn Smyth provide their insight and intel obtained from within the DHS walls to our SECAF membership and supporters.
The discussion will include:
Don't miss networking opportunities before and after the presentation. Our speakers will be available for a brief one-on-one immediately before and/or following the event!
- What is the current update on the Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading Edge Solutions, EAGLE, the Acquisition Innovation Act and other acquisition considerations for the next several years
- What are Procurement Innovation Lab programs? What is Flexible Agile Support for the Homeland (FLASH) and how does provide support for future Procurement Innovation Lab programs?
- Will DHS consider OTA’s or Other Transaction Authorities in the future? Science & Technology Directorate has initial feedback and have obtained speed to the organization on contracting. Less than 2 months in some minor cases
- Effect of political situation and back-to-back-to back natural disasters on Mission
- Soraya Correa, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Chief Procurement Officer
- Polly Hall, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Innovation Lab (PIL), Strategy & Planning Lead
- Jaclyn Smyth, Director of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Strategic Sourcing Program Office within the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer
was appointed as the Department of Homeland Security’s Chief Procurement Officer in January 2015. Ms. Correa provides leadership, policy, oversight, support and professional workforce development for the DHS contracting workforce of approximately 1,500 individuals including the nine operational contracting activities, each of which is led by a Head of Contracting Activity supporting the DHS Components.
As the Senior Procurement Executive she also oversees a centralized certification and training program for the DHS acquisition workforce and assists the Chief Acquisition Officer in managing major acquisition programs ensuring each has a sound acquisition strategy, conforms to the Secretary’s Unity of Effort initiative, and fully supports DHS mission needs.
Prior to being appointed as the DHS Chief Procurement Officer, Ms. Correa served as the Associate Director of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Enterprise Services Directorate and was responsible for delivering identity, immigration status, and employment authorization information in support of the USCIS mission.
recently joined the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Procurement Innovation Lab (PIL) as the Strategy & Planning Lead. The PIL is a virtual lab that empowers all those involved in the procurement process to take managed, informed risks to continually improve the DHS procurement process. Polly has been with DHS since 2010, first serving as a contract specialist with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office, and more recently as a contracting officer supporting digital services acquisitions for the Enterprise Information Technology Division at Transportation Security Administration. Prior to entering Federal service, Polly owned a small services business and was an adjunct professor at George Washington University (GWU) and the City University of New York, where she taught courses on public policy, collaborative business relationships, and stakeholder theory. Polly earned her B.A. in Political Science at Roanoke College and her M.A. at GWU in Political Management. She has completed significant work towards her Ph.D. in Business Administration at George Washington University.
is the director of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Strategic Sourcing Program Office within the Office of the Chief Procurement Officer, where she oversees a portfolio of over 75 DHS-wide contract vehicles valued at more than $57 billion. She has several years of experience in federal procurement and acquisition-related fields, where she has worked on a wide variety of large-scale DHS and federal procurements. She lends her expertise in sourcing strategies and category management in the federal-wide Category Management Leadership Council. She was recently named the federal-wide security and protection category manager and leads a cross-agency category team. She is responsible for developing and implementing government-wide strategies that align with established category management principles and methodologies.
Prior to Ms. Smyth’s federal career, she served as a principal with E3 Federal Solutions for several years during which time she consulted on DHS procurements.
Still Need 1 More Incentive to Join SECAF?
Join Today to Save 2 Ways - $100 Savings!
- Save $50 on Membership PLUS
- Save $50 on the registration for this event when you register at the member rate
- First - Join SECAF using Promo Code: JoinBy11.14.17
- Next - Register for the event at the member rate
- $35 Register by November 1
- $45 November 1
- $85 Register by November 1
- $100 After November 1